Reporting directly to the Vice President of Human Resources, the Human Resources Coordinator will undertake a variety of HR administrative duties, supporting the development, implementation, and administration of HR policies and procedures.
The Investment Real Estate Group of Companies (IREGC) is composed of real estate centric entities focused on the self-storage industry. The various companies provide property management, development, and construction services, general self-storage consulting and insurance products. In addition, we own a portfolio of self-storage properties. Our market area includes the nine States in the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast. Learn more at www.irellc.com.
IREGC employees are team oriented where all colleagues wear many hats and help each other succeed. While business is the priority, colleagues are encouraged to live healthy, balanced lives. Our company is guided by the core values of doing the right thing for our clients, being engaged, enthusiastic and competitive, working hard and smart, having fun, and being compassionate and authentic.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Maintains employee files and personnel related data to ensure compliance with all federal and state laws.
· Performs customer service functions by redirecting HR related calls or distributing correspondence to the appropriate team member or vendor.
· Completes the employment eligibility verification form I-9, verifies I-9 supporting documentation and maintains I-9 files.
· Assisting in coordinating the implementation of employee orientation, training programs, compensation & benefits (including workers compensation and FMLA), and professional development programs.
· Supports all departments by tracking the annual performance review process.
· Makes photocopies; mails, scans, and emails documents; and performs other clerical functions.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Abilities:
· Working understanding of human resource principles, practices, and procedures.
· Advanced verbal and written communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
· Time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
· Ability to function well in a fast-paced environment.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field and/or equivalent experience.
· Duties performed in an office environment.
· Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
· Inputs data with repetitive motion (typing).
· Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.