The Investment Real Estate Group of Companies is seeking an Accounts Payable Specialist based out of the home office in York, PA.
The Investment Real Estate Group of Companies (IREGC) is composed of real estate centric entities focused on the self-storage industry. The various companies provide property management, development, and construction services, general self-storage consulting and insurance products. In addition, we own a portfolio of self-storage properties. Our market area includes the nine States in the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast. Learn more at www.irellc.com.
We strive to maintain a friendly, family-like work atmosphere. At times, the work can be hectic and other times very mellow; adaptability is key. IREGC employees are team oriented where all colleagues wear many hats and help each other succeed. While business is the priority, colleagues are encouraged to live healthy, balanced lives. Our company is guided by the core values of doing the right thing; being enthusiastic, engaged, and competitive; working hard, working smart; having fun; and being compassionate and authentic. We are rapidly growing, and this is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate.
The Accounts Payable Specialist reports to our Accounts Payable Supervisor and will be responsible for processing accounts payable transactions. The ideal candidate for this role will be pro-active in supporting operations and administration and will make a positive first impression for the firm’s customers, vendors, employees, and stakeholders.
- Accounts Payable (AP) invoice entry
- Cut AP checks and make online payments
- Code credit card transactions
- Enter cash deposits
- ACH approval & release
- Management fee calculations and uploads
- Bank reconciliations
- Allocate invoices for multi-company AP
- Revenue uploads: Utilizing templates to integrate revenue numbers from one software to another
- Rent refund requests: enter in AP, process, and refund via check or credit card payments
- Sales tax: enter in AP and record payments
- Open, scan and save daily mail and email in the correct accounts payable folders based on entity
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Attention to detail
- Willing to work extended hours to meet deadlines as needed
- Minimum two years of accounts payable experience is required
- Must be able to adjust and adapt to changes in the current processes to meet changing needs
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Adobe Acrobat Pro, and DocuSign or similar document approval software system
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience with Sage 100 or similar software preferred
- Possess the ability to work on multiple entities at one time and change gears quickly
- Real estate experience is a plus, but not required