The Investment Real Estate Group of Companies is seeking a York based Construction Project Manager to work directly with the Director of Development & Construction.
The Investment Real Estate Group of Companies (IREGC) is composed of real estate centric entities focused on the self storage industry. The various companies provide brokerage services, feasibility studies, property management, development and construction services, general self storage consulting and insurance products. In addition, we own a portfolio of self storage properties. Our market area includes the eight States in the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast. Learn more at https://irellc.com.
IREGC currently employs 55 people overall with 18 of those in the home office. We have converted an old stone grist mill built in 1831 and the adjoining miller’s house into our offices. The setting is rural and safe. We strive to maintain a friendly, family-like work atmosphere. At times the work can be hectic and other times very mellow; adaptability is key. IREGC employees are team oriented where all colleagues wear many hats and help each other succeed. While business is the priority, colleagues are encouraged to live healthy, balanced lives. Our company is guided by the core values of doing the right thing for our clients; being enthusiastic, engaged and competitive; working hard, working smart; having fun; and being compassionate and authentic. We are rapidly growing, and this is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate.
Reporting directly to the Director of Development & Construction of IREGC, we are seeking a Construction Project Manager who will:
- Be scrupulously organized and detail oriented, yet have an understanding of the big picture.
- Work thoroughly and independently, getting things done in a professional manner.
- Present a positive impression to the firm’s customers, employees and stakeholders.
- Be extremely pro-active in supporting operations and administration.
- Be open and embracing as new ideas and projects that arise.
- Be a lateral thinker and problem solver.
- Possess a positive “can do” attitude no matter what the situation.
- Live our values and fundamentals in all work-related activities.
Specific duties and functions of the position include, but are certainly not limited to:
- Managing and overseeing capital improvement projects at over 33 existing self storage locations in CT, MA, MD, NJ, NY, and PA:
- Recognizing and quantifying the projects
- Gathering quotes from qualified sub-contractors to perform work
- Selecting contractors and awarding contracts
- Developing timelines and overseeing project completion
- Overseeing payment of subcontractors and billing ownership entities
- Managing and overseeing capital improvement projects at newly acquired self storage facilities
- Prepare and submit budgets and timeline to supervisor and owner on each project
- Coordinate the land development process and building permitting acquisition
- Work with construction management firm on larger projects and coordinate work efforts
- Manage and be responsible for the budget and timeline on all projects
- Coordinate with professionals from all construction related vendors, subcontractors, firms, etc.
- Negotiate with vendors, suppliers and subcontractors on cost, timeframe and quality of work
- Develop and negotiate legal contracts, construction contracts, bid forms, etc.
- Work with the internal property acquisition team to develop budgets and project timelines, and perform feasibility studies on the projects under consideration
- Perform as General Contractor on select projects managing job site activities with multiple sub-contractors
- Conduct weekly meetings on project performance with supervisor and owner
We are looking for someone who thrives in an environment of growth, change and creativity with each day being a little different from the last. We’re also looking for someone who is capable of working independently, well grounded, and organized.
Qualified candidates will have:
- At least 5 years of proven experience in this role with a suite of glowing personal references.
- Experience with Microsoft based software and spreadsheet applications
- College or trade school degree is preferred but is not required.
- Self Storage knowledge welcomed but not needed
- Preference will be given to candidates who possess a work history in commercial real estate project management and can bring those skills to IREGC.
- And of course, a pleasant, positive, and engaging personality is a must.
- Please fill out the following online questionnaire:https://forms.gle/eFm2LUWa6S33dE5r6
- Also email your resume and cover letter to: [email protected]
- We will then contact you for further details and to set up a time to connect via phone or Skype for a preliminary interview.
- We will meet with the final applicants in person.
We look forward to hearing from you,
The IREGC Team