The Investment Real Estate Group of Companies is seeking a York/Lancaster, PA or surrounding area-based District Manager to work directly with the Director of Operations.
The Investment Real Estate Group of Companies (IREGC) is comprised of real estate centric entities focused on the self storage industry. The various companies provide brokerage services, feasibility studies, property management, development and construction services, general self storage consulting and insurance products. In addition, we own a portfolio of self storage properties. Our market area includes the eight States in the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast.
IREGC currently employs 40 people overall with 14 of those in the home office. We have converted an old stone grist mill built in 1831 and the adjoining miller’s house into our offices. The setting is rural and safe. We strive to maintain a friendly, family-like work atmosphere. At times the work can be hectic and other times very mellow; adaptability is key. IREGC employees are team oriented where all colleagues wear many hats and help each other succeed. While business is the priority, colleagues are encouraged to live healthy, balanced lives. Our company is guided by the core values of doing the right thing for our clients; being enthusiastic, energetic, tenacious and competitive; driving the miles, working hard and smart; having fun; and being caring, compassionate and authentic. We are rapidly growing, and this is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate.
Reporting directly to the Director of Operations of IREGC, we are seeking a District Manager who will:
- Be scrupulously organized and detail oriented, yet have an understanding of the big picture.
- Work thoroughly and independently, getting things done in a professional manner.
- Present a positive impression to the firm’s customers, employees and stakeholders.
- Be extremely pro-active in supporting operations and administration.
- Be open and embracing as new ideas and projects that come up.
- Be a lateral thinker and problem solver.
- Possess a positive “can do” attitude, no matter what the situation.
Essential duties and functions of the position include, but are certainly not limited to:
- Recruit, hire, train, counsel and terminate, if necessary, all site level staff working in conjunction with HR, Director of Operations, and IREGC policies and procedures.
- Review Pricing and Competition Survey with Director of Operations, team leads and site personnel.
- Keep abreast of current and future competition through competitor property visits.
- Supervise ongoing repairs, maintenance and all aspects of properties to IREGC standards.
- Purchase equipment and supplies, and employ or contract for services regarding security, maintenance, pest control, landscape, snow removal or other needed services that are not contracted for by the Executive Offices and within authority guidelines. Process all invoices within authority guidelines.
- Coordinate staffing and scheduling requirements as needed.
- Assist with preparation of: Employee Performance Reviews, Property Budgets, Capital Budgets, Operational Reviews, Expense Reports and other related facility reports necessary to properly manage financial controls and property performance.
- Participate in and prepare for monthly Operational reviews with Director of Operations.
- Verify deposits are being made in a timely manner, petty cash reports balance and receipts/closing ledgers are correct, and that customers are receiving any monies owed.
- Complete expense reports on a monthly basis and forward to Director of Operations for processing.
- Follow through on any incident reports involving properties in their respective area.
- Perform semi-annual audits and bi-monthly facility checklists to ensure company policies, procedures and performance expectations are being met. Submit findings to Director of Operations and ensure follow up on any necessary action.
- Supervise company auction process according to Foreclosure Checklist for respective state and IREGC policies.
- Follow up on all customer service issues.
- Attend various company training, management and executive meetings on an on-going basis.
- Work with Property Managers in conjunction with Director of Marketing to develop a local marketing plan for each facility and follow up on implementation to achieve the overall marketing goals for the company.
- Supply site personnel and support staff with input on support feedback to ensure peak performance.
- Supervisory Responsibilities: Manages 10–35 employees as Property Managers (PM) and Relief Managers (RM). May supervise up to three (3) Team Leads. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of these employees. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and procedures, as well as ensure state and/or federal laws are adhered to.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
We are looking for someone who thrives in an environment of growth, change and creativity with each day being a little different from the last. We’re also looking for someone who likes and is capable of working independently. We’re looking for someone grounded, operational and organized.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Add energy to every conversation.
- Tell a joke at no one’s expense.
- Offer help to the team before being asked.
- Highlight good work from your team members.
- Leave things more organized than you found them.
- Get smarter at your job through training and/or books.
- Figure out what didn’t work.
- Surface and highlight difficult decisions.
- Encourage curiosity.
- Ask why.
Job Qualifications and Requirements:
Preferred Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelors degree in business or a related field.
- A minimum of three (3) years of multi-unit retail operations management experience.
- Training in direct sales, retail and/or customer service.
- Exceptional leadership skills with experience supervising others.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence, use a computer, and present information to groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public in English.
- Ability to read and interpret documents, such as safety rules, operating/maintenance instructions and procedural manuals, in English is also required.
- Strong financial acumen to include previous experience in P&L, budgeting and statistical analysis.
- Please fill out the following online questionnaire: http://bit.ly/IREDistrictManager
- Also email your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will then contact you for further details.
- We will meet with the final applicants in person.
We look forward to hearing from you,
The IREGC Team