The Investment Real Estate Group of Companies is seeking a York based Executive/Personal Assistant to work directly with the CEO.
The Investment Real Estate Group of Companies (IREGC) is composed of real estate centric entities focused on the self storage industry. The various companies provide brokerage services, feasibility studies, property management, development and construction services, general self storage consulting and insurance products. In addition, we own a portfolio of self storage properties. Our market area includes the eight States in the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast.
IREGC currently employs 40 people overall with 14 of those in the home office. We have converted an old stone grist mill built in 1831 and the adjoining miller’s house into our offices. The setting is rural and safe. We strive to maintain a friendly, family-like work atmosphere. At times the work can be hectic and other times very mellow; adaptability is key. IREGC employees are team oriented where all colleagues wear many hats and help each other succeed. While business is the priority, colleagues are encouraged to live healthy, balanced lives. Our company is guided by the core values of doing the right thing for our clients; being enthusiastic, energetic, tenacious and competitive; driving the miles, working hard and smart; having fun; and being caring, compassionate and authentic. We are rapidly growing, and this is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate.
Reporting directly to the CEO of IREGC, we are seeking an Executive Assistant who will:
- Be organized and love taking care of people.
- Work thoroughly and independently, getting things done in a professional manner with little assistance from the CEO unless events demand it.
- Be the positive first impression for the firm’s customers, clients and friends.
- Be extremely pro-active in supporting administration and operations.
- Be open and embracing as new ideas and projects that arise.
- Be a lateral thinker and problem solver.
- Possess a positive “can do” attitude no matter what the situation.
There are two aspects to this role; the personal side and the business side.
On the personal side, we are looking for support of the CEO with tasks such as:
- Travel and accommodation arrangements in the U.S. and around the world.
- Arrangement and confirmation of meetings and conferences.
- Office organization.
- Completion of family projects such as publishing family member biographies, reunion organizing and photo/video production oversight.
- Personal effects – such as getting coffee and an occasional lunch, travel arrangements to the airport or train station, UPS/FedEx/USPS shipments, buying and selling on eBay and other websites, cards and gifts for family and friends, family foundation projects, sporting event coordination, assisting in supporting charitable activities (Gilliland Family Foundation, Penn State, Church, Self Storage Association Foundation, wife’s Pink Power organization, various Board roles), etc.
On the business side, we’re looking for support in:
- Travel arrangements for multiple team members.
- Handling general correspondence (email, phone calls, Skype) as independently as possible.
- Manage multi-state real estate licensing procedures for our brokerage team.
- Coordination of iPhones and iPads for office and family.
- Handling general administration including financial and legal activities.
- Handling operational tasks including mail, office supplies, etc.
- Overseeing all activities of the office, from the mundane to the extraordinary.
- Answering phones/receptionist activities.
We are looking for someone who thrives in an environment of growth, change and creativity with each day being a little different from the last. We’re also looking for someone who likes and is capable of working independently. We’re looking for someone grounded, operational and organized.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Add energy to every conversation.
- Always be positive and have fun at work.
- Offer help to the team before being asked.
- Highlight good work from your team members.
- Leave things more organized than you found them.
- Get smarter at your job through training and/or books.
- Figure out what didn’t work and make sure it is right the next time.
- Surface and highlight difficult decisions.
- Encourage curiosity.
- Ask why.
We’re looking for someone with at least five years of high level experience in this kind of role with glowing personal references. Personal or business travel experience is required so you understand the particulars of “planes, trains and automobiles”. Real estate experience is a plus but not required. And of course, a pleasant and engaging personality is a must.
- Please fill out the following online questionnaire: https://forms.gle/ho7sQycUXxNcznVD7
- Also email your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
- We will then contact you for further details and to set up a time to connect via phone or Skype for a preliminary interview.
- We will meet with the final applicants in person.
We look forward to hearing from you,
The IREGC Team