The Investment Real Estate Group of Companies is seeking a Facilities Manager for Investment Real Estate Construction, LLC.
The Investment Real Estate Group of Companies (IREGC) is composed of real estate centric entities focused on the self-storage industry. The various companies provide brokerage services, feasibility studies, property management, development and construction services, general self-storage consulting and insurance products. In addition, we own a portfolio of self-storage properties. Our market area includes the eight States in the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast.
IREGC currently employs 77 people overall with 26 of those in the home office. We strive to maintain a friendly, family-like work atmosphere. At times, the work can be hectic and other times very mellow; adaptability is key. IREGC employees are team oriented where all colleagues wear many hats and help each other succeed. While business is the priority, colleagues are encouraged to live healthy, balanced lives. We are rapidly growing, and this is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate.
Reporting directly to the Director of Development & Construction, we are seeking a Facilities Manager who will:
- Be scrupulously organized and detail oriented yet understand the big picture.
- Work thoroughly and independently, completing tasks in a professional manner.
- Present a positive impression to the firm’s customers, employees, and stakeholders.
- Be extremely pro-active in supporting administration and operations.
- Possess the ability to work on multiple entities at one time, and change gears quickly.
- Be open and embracing as new ideas and projects arise.
- Be a lateral thinker and problem solver; not a person who necessarily does things because “that’s the way they’ve always been done.”
- Possess a positive “can do” attitude, knowing that any issue that arises can be overcome, solved, eradicated, left behind, gotten around, defeated, and just plain taken care of!
Specific duties and functions of the position include, but are certainly not limited to:
- Inspect all sites at least twice annually
- Ensure security and emergency preparedness procedures are implemented properly across all sites
- Develop schedule for two maintenance professionals
- Respond to facility maintenance requests and contract third party vendors for repair as necessary and in a timely manner
- Create, manage, and distribute KPI reports
- Oversee, supervise, and inspect quality of work of in house personnel and third party vendors
- Manage general accounting task, such as accounts payable, pay roll and budgeting
- Develop and manage CAPEX & R&M budgets
- Review, submit, and manage service contracts
- Maintain open line of communication with operations staff to resolve maintenance issues
- Must be able to travel up to 20%
We are looking for someone who thrives in an environment of growth, change and creativity with each day being a little different from the last. We are also looking for someone who likes and can work independently. We are looking for someone grounded, operational and organized.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Add energy to every conversation.
- Tell a joke at no one’s expense.
- Offer help to the team before being asked.
- Highlight good work from your team members.
- Leave things more organized than you found them.
- Get smarter at your job through training and/or books.
- Figure out what didn’t work.
- Surface and highlight difficult decisions.
- Encourage curiosity.
- Ask why.
Must be well organized, detailed and self-starter, Strong negotiation skills, multi-site facility management or maintenance experience. Organizational and leadership skills, Experience with scheduling and invoicing software, Microsoft Office experience.
- Please fill out the following online questionnaire: https://goo.gl/E4kNXN
- We will then contact you for further details such as a resume and a time to connect via phone or Skype for a preliminary interview.
- We will meet with the final applicants in person.
- Apply via Indeed: https://www.indeed.com/job/facilities-manager-94ef8ab6836c726b
We look forward to hearing from you,