The Investment Real Estate Group of Companies is seeking a York, PA based Financial Analyst to support the real estate team at Investment Real Estate, LLC.
The Investment Real Estate Group of Companies (IREGC) is comprised of real estate centric entities focused on the self storage industry. The various companies provide brokerage services, feasibility studies, property management, development and construction services, general self storage consulting and insurance products. In addition, we own a portfolio of self storage properties. Our market area includes the eight States in the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast. Learn more at www.irellc.com.
IREGC currently employs 40 people overall with 14 of those in the home office. We have converted an old stone grist mill built in 1831 and the adjoining miller’s house into our offices. The setting is rural and safe. We strive to maintain a friendly, family-like work atmosphere. At times the work can be hectic and other times very mellow; adaptability is key. IREGC employees are team oriented where all colleagues wear many hats and help each other succeed. While business is the priority, colleagues are encouraged to live healthy, balanced lives. Our company is guided by the core values of doing the right thing for our clients; being enthusiastic, energetic, tenacious and competitive; driving the miles, working hard and smart; having fun; and being caring, compassionate and authentic. We are rapidly growing, and this is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate.
Reporting directly to the COO & CFO, we are seeking a Financial Analyst who will:
- Be scrupulously organized and detail oriented, yet have an understanding of the big picture.
- Work thoroughly and independently, getting things done in a professional manner.
- Be a positive first impression for the firm’s customers, employees and stakeholders.
- Be extremely pro-active in supporting administration and operations.
- Be open and embracing as new ideas and projects arise.
- Be a lateral thinker and problem solver.
- Possess a positive “can do” attitude no matter what the situation.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Specific duties and functions of the position include, but are certainly not limited to:
- Developing complex financial models in Excel.
- Preparing documents for Real Estate Offering Packages presented to clients.
- Finalizing rent prorations prior to closing self storage real estate deals.
- Compiling and summarizing market research reports and data.
- Analyzing property operations.
- Preparing operational budgeting and forecasting.
- Assisting in execution of reporting and data management strategies.
- Communicating with townships to uncover new self storage projects.
- Assisting in the preparation and creation of investment committee memoranda.
- Assisting in preparation and review of transactional documents.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
We are looking for someone who thrives in an environment of growth, change and creativity with each day being a little different from the last. We’re also looking for someone who is capable of working independently, is well grounded, and is organized.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Add energy to every conversation.
- Always be positive and have fun at work.
- Offer help to the team before being asked.
- Highlight good work from your team members.
- Leave things more organized than you found them.
- Get smarter at your job through training and/or books.
- Figure out what didn’t work and make sure it is right the next time.
- Surface and highlight difficult decisions.
- Encourage curiosity and ask why.
- Have a pleasant and engaging personality.
We’re looking for someone with the following:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in finance.
- 1-3 years of experience in an investment/financial role in real estate.
- Exceptional financial modeling skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Publisher and Word. Experience with Adobe InDesign is advantageous.
- Strong writing skills.
- Please fill out the following online questionnaire: https://forms.gle/of3g1n237xAcnUDq5
- Also email your resume and cover letter to: [email protected]
- We will then contact you for further details and to set up a time to connect via phone or Skype for a preliminary interview.
- We will meet with the final applicants in person.
We look forward to hearing from you,
The IREGC Team