The Investment Real Estate Group of Companies is seeking a York based Director of Brokerage to work directly with the COO/CFO.
The Investment Real Estate Group of Companies (IREGC) is composed of real estate centric entities focused on the self storage industry. The various companies provide brokerage services, property management, development and construction services and insurance products. In addition, we own a growing portfolio of 36 self storage properties. Our market area includes the 12 States in the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast. Learn more at www.irellc.com.
IREGC currently employs 50 people overall with 16 of those in the home office. We have converted an old stone grist mill built in 1831 and the adjoining miller’s house into our offices. The setting is pastorial and safe. We run the various businesses using the EOS (Entrepreneurial Operating System) methodology. At times the work can be hectic and other times very mellow; adaptability is key. IREGC employees are team oriented, where all colleagues wear many hats and help each other succeed. While business is the priority, colleagues are encouraged to live healthy, balanced lives. Our company is guided by the core values of doing the right thing for our clients; being enthusiastic, energetic, tenacious and competitive; driving the miles, working hard and smart; having fun; and being caring, compassionate and authentic. We are rapidly growing, and this is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate.
The Director of Brokerage is responsible for leading a team of four sales agents and support staff in the listing and selling of self storage properties throughout the 12 northeast and mid- Atlantic states. Historically, the company has annual sales of $65-$85mm with the near term goal being $100mm. The Director of Brokerage has the following areas of responsibility:
- Drive company growth and profitability
- Provide hands on leadership to the team and be a role model in their brokerage activities
- Provide coaching, training, and mentoring to each team member as needed
- Actively pursue listings and sales to contribute commission dollars to the company
- Monitor and analyze competitive business practices including strategy, operations, marketing, business development, brand recognition, general economic conditions and compensation/commission structures. Provide recommendations for improvements and changes as appropriate
- Maintain all licensing requirements and ensure compliance with all regulations
- Work closely with our team to ensure proper operational controls, administrative & reporting procedures, and people systems in place to effectively grow the organization.
- Participate fully on the leadership team of the Investment Real Estate Group of Companies
- Actively participate in the self storage industry and enhance and protect the reputation of the Investment Real Estate Group of companies, our people and principals
We are looking for someone who thrives in an environment of growth, change and creativity with each day being a little different from the last. We are looking for someone who likes and is capable of working as part of a larger team.
We’re looking for someone with existing high level experience in this kind of role with a suite of glowing personal references. Self Storage experience is a plus but not required. And of course, a pleasant and engaging personality is a must.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Have a current real estate broker’s license or ability to obtain one quickly
- Be required to have a Bachelor’s degree. Advanced degree or training in commercial real estate is desirable
- Have at least 10 years of career experience in the commercial real estate brokerage industry
- Have a minimum five years’ experience in sales management of high performing brokerage teams
- Demonstrate ability in leading, motivating and inspiring sales and support teams
- Be fluent in the language and principles of investment real estate.
- Possess the ability to recruit and retain key talent.
- Have extensive experience working with institutional clients with a knowledge of development, property management, asset sales, contract negotiations, real estate valuation metrics, and risk management strategies. A working knowledge of debt and capital markets preferred.
- Possess excellent written, oral and presentation skills.
- Be confident, innovative, hardworking and bold without arrogance.
- The ability to strengthen and live out our core values and the 31 Fundamentals of our Company is essential to the role
- Please fill out the following online questionnaire: https://forms.gle/W3vr2TkP4WpMdGSL8
- Email your resume to [email protected]
- We will meet with the final applicants in person.
We look forward to hearing from you,
The IREGC Team