The Investment Real Estate Group of Companies is seeking a York based Acquisition Broker to work directly with the CEO/owner and COO/CFO.
The Investment Real Estate Group of Companies (IREGC) is composed of real estate centric entities focused on the self storage industry. The various companies provide brokerage services, property management, development and construction services and insurance products. In addition, we own a growing portfolio of 36 self storage properties. Our market area includes the 12 States in the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast. Learn more at www.irellc.com.
IREGC currently employs 50 people overall with 16 of those in the home office. We have converted an old stone grist mill built in 1831 and the adjoining miller’s house into our offices. The setting is pastorial and safe. We run the various businesses using the EOS (Entrepreneurial Operating System) methodology. At times the work can be hectic and other times very mellow; adaptability is key. IREGC employees are team oriented, where all colleagues wear many hats and help each other succeed. While business is the priority, colleagues are encouraged to live healthy, balanced lives. Our company is guided by the core values of doing the right thing for our clients; being enthusiastic, energetic, tenacious and competitive; driving the miles, working hard and smart; having fun; and being caring, compassionate and authentic. We are rapidly growing, and this is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate.
The Acquisition Broker is responsible for acquiring, on behalf of Moove In Self Storage, a minimum of 12-15 self storage properties per year throughout the 12 northeast and mid- Atlantic states and beyond. The Acquisitions Broker will report directly to the COO/CFO and work closely with the CEO/Owner. They will have the following areas of responsibility:
- Prospect through cold calling, door knocking, industry event attendance and personal introductions by the owner. Arrange meetings and present offers to owners of self storage properties
- Develop and nurture strong relationships with owners/seller and key stakeholders
- Source, negotiate, and execute settlement on 12-15 properties per year. Total transaction value will range between $60-$100mm per year
- Become a trusted member of the IREGC team with a desire and attitude to contribute to the long term success of the enterprise
- Work with owner and brokerage team to design and develop a short-term and long-term acquisition strategy with clear goals and deliverables
- Work with financial analyst and support staff to manage the acquisitions pipeline
- Actively participate in the self storage industry and enhance and protect the reputation of the Investment Real Estate Group of companies, our people and principals
We are looking for someone who thrives in an environment of growth, change and creativity with each day being a little different from the last. We are looking for someone who likes and is capable of working independently. We want a self motivated broker looking to transact significant deal volume on behalf of the company each year.
We’re looking for someone with existing high level experience in this kind of role with a suite of glowing personal references. Self Storage experience is a plus but not required. And of course, a pleasant and engaging personality is a must.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Have a current real estate salesperson’s license or ability to obtain one quickly
- Have a Bachelor’s degree. Additional commercial real estate training is a plus
- Have at least 5 years of career experience in the commercial real estate brokerage industry
- Be fluent in the language and principles of investment real estate
- Highly motivated to succeed and grow within the industry
- Organized with an ability to work multiple transactions at the same time
- Strong interpersonal communication and relationship building skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial organization with performance based goals
- Possess excellent written, oral and presentation skills.
- Be confident, innovative, hardworking and bold without arrogance.
- The ability to strengthen and live out our core values and the 31 Fundamentals of our Company is essential to the role
- Please fill out the following online questionnaire: https://forms.gle/ozZQAxzgXk6DZNJW7
- Email your resume to [email protected]
- We will meet with the final applicants in person.
We look forward to hearing from you,
The IREGC Team