The Investment Real Estate Group of Companies is seeking a York based Paralegal Assistant to work directly with the COO/CFO.
The Investment Real Estate Group of Companies (IREGC) is composed of real estate centric entities focused on the self storage industry. The various companies provide brokerage services, feasibility studies, property management, development and construction services, general self storage consulting and insurance products. In addition, we own a portfolio of self storage properties. Our market area includes the eight States in the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast.
IREGC currently employs 40 people overall with 14 of those in the home office. We have converted an old stone grist mill built in 1831 and the adjoining miller’s house into our offices. The setting is rural and safe. We strive to maintain a friendly, family-like work atmosphere. At times the work can be hectic and other times very mellow; adaptability is key. IREGC employees are team oriented where all colleagues wear many hats and help each other succeed. While business is the priority, colleagues are encouraged to live healthy, balanced lives. Our company is guided by the core values of doing the right thing for our clients; being enthusiastic, energetic, tenacious and competitive; driving the miles, working hard and smart; having fun; and being caring, compassionate and authentic. We are rapidly growing, and this is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate.
Reporting directly to The COO/CFO of IREGC, we are seeking a Paralegal Assistant who will:
- Be scrupulously organized and detail oriented, yet have an understanding of the big picture.
- Work thoroughly and independently, getting things done in a professional manner.
- Present a positive impression to the firm’s customers, clients, employees and stakeholders.
- Be extremely pro-active in supporting operations and administration.
- Be open and embracing as new ideas and projects come up.
- Be a lateral thinker and problem solver; not a person who necessarily does things because “that’s the way they’ve always been done.”
- Possess a positive “can do” attitude, knowing that any issue that arises can be overcome, solved, eradicated, left behind, gotten around, defeated and just plain taken care of!
Specific duties and functions of the position include, but are certainly not limited to:
- Manage due diligence in preparation of real estate closings.
- Manage and monitor closing mechanics and verify all requirements have been met.
- Facilitate communication between title company and attorneys for seller.
- Perform closing services with lenders and investors.
- Organizing and maintaining documents in a paper and electronic file system for pre- and post-closings.
- Assist with construction and development projects.
- Drafting and filing of forms associated with licensing and registration for various entities.
- Other administrative and reporting duties of COO/CFO as assigned.
We are looking for someone who thrives in an environment of growth, change and creativity with each day being a little different from the last. We’re also looking for someone who likes and is capable of working independently. We’re looking for someone grounded, operational and organized.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Add energy to every conversation.
- Always be positive and have fun at work.
- Offer help to the team before being asked.
- Highlight good work from your team members.
- Leave things more organized than you found them.
- Get smarter at your job through training and/or books.
- Figure out what didn’t work and make sure it is right the next time.
- Surface and highlight difficult decisions.
- Encourage curiosity.
- Ask why.
We’re looking for someone with existing high-level experience in this kind of role with a suite of glowing personal references. It would be helpful if you had experience with prior paralegal assistant positions. You have a good understanding of online products, the process of production and the business of sales and marketing. Real estate experience is a plus but not required. And of course, a pleasant and engaging personality is a must.
- Please fill out the following online questionnaire: https://forms.gle/kRPminpM9E5ZipuG8
- We will then contact you for further details such as your resumé.
- We will meet with the final applicants in person.
We look forward to hearing from you,
The IREGC Team