The Investment Real Estate Group of Companies is seeking a a Regional Maintenance Technician for Investment Real Estate Construction, LLC.
The Investment Real Estate Group of Companies (IREGC) is composed of real estate centric entities focused on the self storage industry. The various companies provide brokerage services, feasibility studies, property management, development and construction services, general self storage consulting and insurance products. In addition, we own a portfolio of self storage properties. Our market area includes the eight States in the Mid‐Atlantic and Northeast. Learn more at irellc.com.
IREGC currently employs 35 people overall with 10 of those in the home office. We have converted an old stone grist mill built in 1831 and the adjoining miller’s house into our offices. The setting is rural and safe. We strive to maintain a friendly, family‐like work atmosphere. At times the work can be hectic and other times very mellow; adaptability is key. IREGC employees are team oriented where all colleagues wear many hats and help each other succeed. While business is the priority, colleagues are encouraged to live healthy, balanced lives. We are rapidly growing, and this is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate.
We are seeking a Regional Maintenance Technician who possesses an upbeat attitude and excellent problem-solving skills with thorough communication ability. The ideal candidate will provide maintenance support to storage properties throughout PA and MD; enhance the value and quality of the storage properties by performing regular maintenance, repairs and improvements; and work with contractors and the home office in completing maintenance work.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work in cooperation with the Regional Maintenance Manager (RMM), Director of Operations (DOO), Director of Construction (DOC) and property management team to ensure the facility maintenance needs are met.
- Perform routine maintenance as needed to keep facilities fully operational. These functions may include, but are not limited to: light bulb replacement, caulking, painting, roof repair, door repair, minor HVAC maintenance including filter changes, preventive maintenance, lock repair, monthly lock cuts and other duties as assigned.
- Identify and troubleshoot general maintenance issues and report updates to the DOO and DOC.
- Perform routine maintenance/service on clogged sinks, toilets and storm drains.
- Assist in unit clean outs to ensure units are ready to rent.
- Perform on-call emergency service as required.
- Report any maintenance concerns for repairs on occupied storage units, vacant storage units and/or common areas to the RMM, DOO and/or DOC.
- Complete assigned tasks.
- Assist in monitoring and/or controlling maintenance inventory and/or supplies.
- Move heavy objects as requested using proper safety techniques.
- Assist the RMM, DOO and DOC on special maintenance projects, i.e., preventive maintenance of building components and/or mechanicals.
- Maintain open communication with property management team.
- Communicate any storage property or home office issues to the RMM, DOO and/or DOC.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this position:
- Regularly required to speak and to listen.
- Frequently stand, walk or sit for at least eight hours per day.
- Occasionally use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools and/or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and/or stoop, kneel, crouch and/or crawl.
- Occasionally lift and/or move 25 or more pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Operate a motor vehicle and golf cart.
- Occasionally work in extreme weather conditions and possibly be exposed to airborne particles/fumes.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Read, write and communicate using English language to perform job functions.
- Be self-directed and self-motivated to accomplish tasks.
- Build trust and confidence within the team.
- Demonstrated basic electrical, plumbing and HVAC knowledge.
- Demonstrated basic understanding of irrigation and landscaping.
We are looking for someone who thrives in an environment of growth, change and creativity with each day being a little different from the last. We’re also looking for someone who likes and is capable of working independently. We’re looking for someone grounded, operational and organized.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Add energy to every conversation.
- Tell a joke at no one’s expense.
- Offer help to the team before being asked.
- Highlight good work from your team members.
- Leave things more organized than you found them.
- Get smarter at your job through training and/or books.
- Figure out what didn’t work.
- Surface and highlight difficult decisions.
- Encourage curiosity.
- Ask why.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- High School Diploma.
- Valid driver’s license in good standing (two or less violations on driving record).
- Five years of hands-on general maintenance experience (i.e., plumbing, electrical, carpeting, painting, etc.) is required.
- Must be able to lift/move heavy items and work with heavy equipment.
- Please fill out the following online questionnaire: https://bit.ly/2B0aBXH
- We will then contact you for further details such as your resumé.
- We will meet with the final applicants in person.
We look forward to hearing from you,
The IREGC Team