The Investment Real Estate Group of Companies is seeking a Vice President of Development & Construction to work directly with the President & COO.
The Investment Real Estate Group of Companies (IREGC) is composed of real estate centric entities focused on the self-storage industry. The various companies provide brokerage, property management, and development & construction services. In addition, we own and manage a portfolio of self-storage properties. Our market area includes the 12 northeast and mid-Atlantic states as well as Iowa. Learn more at www.irellc.com.
The Vice President of Development & Construction will be responsible for leading a team of six in the management of development, construction, and maintenance projects. The Investment Real Estate Construction company has an annual revenue volume of $20-25mm. The Vice President of Development & Construction will report to the COO/CFO and will be responsible for driving company growth and profitability, as well as, providing hands-on leadership to the Construction team. This role will also be an active and contributing member of the IREGC Leadership team.
Qualified candidates will have at least 10 years of experience in this role with a suite of glowing personal references. Real estate experience is mandatory. Experience with Microsoft-based software and spreadsheet applications is essential for success in this role. A college or trade school degree is also required. Preference will be given to candidates who possess a work history in commercial real estate project management and can bring those skills to IREGC.
- Supports the acquisition team in assessing due diligence, including development, construction, and capital asset improvements
- Oversight of all necessary governmental approvals and permitting for construction projects, through certificate of occupancy
- Coordinate receipt of final documentation including manuals, warranties, keys, maintenance agreements and as-built drawings
- Direct and manage new construction, major renovation, and capital improvement projects for all new acquisitions
- Negotiate with vendors, suppliers and subcontractors on cost, timeframes, and quality of work
- Develop and negotiate legal contracts, construction contracts, bid forms, etc.
- Work with the internal property acquisition team to develop budgets and project timelines, and perform feasibility studies on the projects under consideration
- Perform as General Contractor on select projects managing job site activities with multiple sub-contractors
- Complete closeout with all project consultants, contractors, and vendors, including final payments, releases, bonds, etc.
- Conduct weekly meetings on project performance with supervisor and owner
- Prepare budgets and cost estimates, and/or manage and oversee all cost estimating and budgeting for new construction, major renovation, and development projects
- Review/approve all project-related bills and administer orderly payment procedures
- Support loan draw requests in preparation for development, construction, and major renovation projects
- Manage costs against budget and provide updates and forecasts as needed including any change orders which may be required
- Monitor development, project management, and supervisory fees to confirm fees are being billed and collected to support profitability
- Quarterly re-forecasting of construction and project management volume and fees
For consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
We look forward to hearing from you,
The IREGC Team