Accounts Payable Specialist
- York, PA
- Home Office
The Accounts Payable Specialist reports to our Accounts Payable Supervisor and will be responsible for processing accounts payable transactions. The Accounts Payable Specialist supports operations and administration and will make a positive first impression for the company’s customers, vendors, employees, and stakeholders.
The Investment Real Estate Group of Companies (IREGC) is composed of real estate-centric entities focused on the self-storage industry. In addition, we own and operate a portfolio of over 70 stores with a stated goal of reaching 100 stores by the end of 2025. Our market area includes thirteen states in the Mid-Atlantic and Northeastern regions, and beyond. IREGC provides property management, development & construction services, and insurance products. Learn more at www.irellc.com.
IREGC employees are team-oriented where all colleagues wear many hats and help each other succeed. While business is the priority, colleagues are encouraged to live healthy, balanced lives. Our company is guided by the core values of doing the right thing for our clients, being engaged, enthusiastic and competitive, working hard and smart, being positive, being compassionate and authentic, and having fun and celebrating success.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Accounts Payable (AP) invoice entry.
- Cut AP checks and make online payments.
- ACH initiation.
- Journal Entries: payroll and management fees.
- Allocate invoices for multi-company AP.
- Petty Cash – combine files from property managers, enter in AP, process, and pay via check.
- Rent refund requests: Enter in AP, process, and refund via check or credit card payments.
- Sales tax: Enter in AP and record payments.
- Loans (auto-payment): enter in AP and record manual payments.
- Open, scan and save daily mail and email in the correct accounts payable folders based on entity.
- Other tasks as requested and developed.
$21 – $23 per hour
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Willing to work extended hours to meet deadlines as needed.
- High volume, multi-company experience desired.
- Minimum two years of accounts payable experience is required.
- Must be able to adjust and adapt to changes in the current processes to meet changing needs.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Adobe Acrobat Pro, and DocuSign or similar document approval software.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Experience with Sage 100 or similar software preferred.
- Possess the ability to work on multiple entities at one time and change gears quickly.
- Real estate experience is a plus, but not required.
- Duties performed in a standard, indoor office environment.
- Be stationary for prolonged periods of time.
- Stooping, bending, twisting, reaching and repetitive motion may be required in completion of job duties.
- Must be able to lift 10+ pounds.