When people look for self-storage on Google, you’ll want relevant information about your facility to appear in the Search and Map results. A business profile makes this possible by letting you manage details an internet user would find helpful. Setting this up takes a few steps and can increase your number of customers.
What Is a Google Business Profile for Small Businesses?
A Google Business Profile (GBP) is a free platform allowing you to create and manage your listing on Google. Providing more information makes your company rank higher in searches, meaning it could appear closer to the first page of search results. When a potential customer searches for self-storage facilities, they can access your:
- Business name
- Business category
- Hours of operation
- Phone number
Benefits of a Self-Storage Google Profile for Your Business
Putting your self-storage business on Google with a professional profile is free. Beyond informing searchers of your company information, the platform can also serve as a type of social media. Some advantages of a GBP include:
- Engaging with current customers: Responding to reviews and answering your customers’ questions creates an interactive experience and increases internet users’ trust in your company.
- Attracting new customers: Posting more content with photos and videos increases your credibility online as an active business.
- Maintaining accurate information: Updating your business profile allows searchers to see any changed details about your location, hours of operation and more.
How to Set up Your Self-Storage Google Business Profile
You’ll need to set up your self-storage profile to start reaping the rewards of an online presence. Start by going to the Google Business Suite website and creating a free account. After verifying your email, complete these steps:
- Add information: Select your business category and whether you’re a storefront or service provider. Then type in your business name, address, phone number and website.
- Put keywords in your description: Write up to 750 characters in a description about your self-storage services in your local area. Include relevant keywords to increase your chances of showing up in searches.
- Add photos, videos and posts: Add a business logo, cover photo and interior and exterior facility images. Upload posts regularly for more engagement.
Let the Experts Help You With Google Business Profile Management
Keeping up with your self-storage business profile on Google involves responding to reviews, answering questions, uploading content and more. Acquiring the top techniques and completing these tasks takes some time. Investment Real Estate, LLC stays up to date on the latest trends and strategies to help self-storage businesses like yours succeed.
To learn more about our guidance and services, reach out to us today.