PASSA, or the Pennsylvania Self Storage Association, will be having their annual self-storage Meeting May 17, 2012 in Allentown, PA. We have been involved with PASSA for many years and in fact, self storage broker John Barry, our VP, is the current Vice President of their Board. They are a great group of people and we really like working with them. Here is a little info about them.
The Pennsylvania Self Storage Association was formed in 1998 and is a group of self storage owners and operators whose purposes are to:
- To provide leadership and open lines of communication on issues that affect the self storage industry;
- To define and assert standards of excellence in the self storage industry within the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania;
- To provide opportunities for their members to increase their knowledge of the self-storage industry through research, discussion and the exchange of information;
- To support, communicate and cooperate with the National Self Storage Association (SSA) as a chapter affiliate; and
- To protect their members from adverse self-storage legislative actions and monitor all legal cases involving self-storage in the state.
Something else that is great about the Pennsylvania Self Storage Association is their strict adherence to their Code of Ethics. This Code of Ethics “establishes and promotes the highest standards of professional service and ethical business conduct among the members of the Association in all their dealings with their self service storage customers, their colleagues in the Industry and the general public.”
If you are thinking about joining PASSA we would highly recommend this. PASSA represents your views and the views of the self-storage industry and works alongside the national Self Storage Association. Together they provide proactive self-storage legal protection with its watchdog service and financial reserve. They also strive to have a website chock full of informative self-storage articles, vendor affiliations and a networking platform. Something else that is important to PASSA is their focus on self-storage education and putting forth an informative newsletter.
To find out more about them, check out their website. We hope to see you at the next meeting!