Making a plan to sell your self-storage facility while you build equity will help you move fast when the time is right. Many investors work with self-storage real estate brokers when they’re considering putting their properties on the market.
A broker can provide a valuation of your property and connect you with qualified buyers until you seal the deal. They’ll do the heavy lifting that ensures a smooth transaction.
So, should you hire a self-storage broker to sell your property? Let’s take a look at the benefits so you can decide for yourself.
What Are the Benefits of Working With a Broker?
Having an experienced broker in your court can make a significant difference. When it’s time to sell, you can benefit from:
- Industry expertise: A great self-storage broker understands the market’s trends and how to apply them in your situation. Factors like the time of year you list your property and current consumer trends can cause your facility’s value to shift. A broker who knows your facility will know the qualities of a favorable deal and how to find one.
- Accurate property valuation: Your property valuation will determine your listing price, so accuracy is key. Working with a broker is the best way to ensure you know your property’s worth and attract offers you can take seriously.
- Negotiation skills: Your broker will share your interest in getting the most money for your property. They’ll go to the negotiating table ready to set a clear asking price and fight to ensure you get the return you deserve.
- Connections with qualified buyers: Many brokerage firms list their clients’ properties online and permit sellers to register for access. Your broker will attract motivated buyers who have the capital to match your asking price. Brokerage firms also have full-time marketing resources that allow them to reach potential buyers across multiple platforms.
- Due diligence: As you can remember from purchasing your property, real estate transactions involve a lot of paperwork. Your brokerage firm will ensure all parties involved complete and have copies of all the necessary contracts.
Make the Most of Your Investment With IRE
An experienced broker can make all the difference when it comes to capitalizing on your self-storage equity. Investment Real Estate is here to help you sell your storage facility to a qualified buyer. We offer various services and resources for sellers in the northeastern United States. Contact us online to discuss your property.