The Investment Real Estate Group of Companies is seeking a York, PA based Controller to work directly with the Chief Financial Officer.
The Investment Real Estate Group of Companies (IREGC) is comprised of real estate centric entities focused on the self-storage industry. The various companies provide brokerage services, feasibility studies, property management, development and construction services, general self-storage consulting and insurance products. In addition, we own a portfolio of self-storage properties. Our market area includes the eight states in the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast. Learn more at https://irellc.com.
IREGC employees are team oriented where all colleagues wear many hats and help each other succeed. While business is the priority, colleagues are encouraged to live healthy, balanced lives. Our company is guided by the core values of doing the right thing for our clients; being enthusiastic, engaged and competitive; working hard and smart; having fun; and being compassionate and authentic. We are rapidly growing, and this is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate.
Reporting directly to the Chief Financial Officer of IREGC, the Controller will play an integral role in driving company growth by streamlining back-office operations and providing management with the analytical support needed to make key business decisions.
The position will entail building strong cross-functional relationships throughout the organization and translating multiple assumptions into a balanced accounting and reporting plan. The functions and duties of the position include, but are certainly not limited to:
- Develop strategic financial accounting and reporting processes.
- Provide direct and indirect supervision to an accounting team of two with an emphasis on developing and mentoring that team and delegating day-to-day departmental responsibilities.
- Support the business through the provision of timely, accurate and meaningful financial information for decision-making.
- Direct all general accounting functions, including the monthly general ledger and financial closing processes.
- Prepare and deliver internal management reporting.
- Build effective cash flow models and build reserves where necessary.
- Decision-making and implementation of significant finance and administrative business policies, processes and procedures.
- Analyze historical results and future projections; suggest methods of improving the underwriting process as appropriate.
- Act as the primary liaison to owners, partners and investors.
- Review the monthly departmental calendar and ensure completion by scheduled deadlines.
- Build relationships cross-functionally to foster collaboration both inside and outside the accounting team.
- Supervise General Ledger, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Fixed Assets, Payroll and other outsourced human resource activities.
- Explore and recommend opportunities for process improvement.
- Lead ad hoc finance projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
We are seeking a Controller who will:
- Be scrupulously organized and detail oriented yet understand the big picture; be detail oriented and deadline driven.
- Work thoroughly and independently, getting things done in a professional manner.
- Present a positive impression to the firm’s customers, employees and stakeholders.
- Be extremely pro-active in supporting operations and administration.
- Be open and embracing as new ideas and projects arise.
- Be a lateral thinker and problem solver.
- Possess a positive “can do” attitude, no matter what the situation.
- Provide leadership and guidance to all with whom you work.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
We are looking for someone who thrives in an environment of growth, change and creativity with each day being a little different from the last. We’re also looking for someone who enjoys and can work independently. We’re looking for someone grounded, operational and organized.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Add energy to every conversation.
- Offer help to the team before being asked.
- Highlight good work from your team members.
- Leave things more organized than you found them.
- Figure out what didn’t work.
- Surface and highlight difficult decisions.
- Encourage curiosity.
- Ask why.
We’re looking for someone with at least eight years or more of progressive experience, including as a Controller. The Controller position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance. Advanced degrees and certifications are preferred but not required. Additionally, this role will have public company reporting responsibilities that require a solid understanding of US GAAP and overseeing SOX internal control compliance. Real estate experience is a plus but not required. Sage100 Experience is strongly preferred.
- Be stationary for prolonged periods of time.
- Stooping, bending, twisting, reaching and repetitive motion may be required in completion of job duties.
- Must be able to lift 10+ pounds.
Apply Here: Controller – York, PA