Should You Join the Self Storage Association?
There’s plenty to gain from having the support of a group with the resources to help you achieve your goals. Any business endeavor can seem daunting on your own, and many self-storage facility owners may struggle to find, convert and maintain satisfied tenants. Fortunately, your state’s Self Storage Association can help steer you in the right direction.
What Is the Self Storage Association?
Each state has its own branch of the national Self Storage Association (SSA). These state chapters are groups of self-storage facility owners that organize to form a support network for others in the region. Every state’s SSA hosts public and private events that help owners understand how to operate lucrative facilities. The SSA also lobbies at the state and federal level on the behalf of self-storage property owners.
The Benefits of Self-Storage Trade Organizations
Any investor knows that there’s strength in numbers. The self-storage industry thrives when owners band together in support of a common cause. The SSA’s purpose is to ensure a strong market that makes it possible for owners to collect great returns on their investments.
There are plenty of reasons to join your local self-storage trade organization. SSA members benefit from:
- Marketing assistance: SSA members can attend conferences to learn about new marketing strategies and how to successfully implement them.
- Tips for converting customers: SSA events teach property owners how to create a positive customer experience and convert potential renters into long-term lessees.
- SSA discounts: Many SSA events are open to the public, but members can attend at a discounted rate.
- Government representation: The SSA has lobbyists who advocate for self-storage facility owners in policy decisions and ensure members understand all new legislation.
- Connections with other owners: The SSA knows the industry is strongest when self-storage investors can share their experiences and resources with each other.
How to Join Your State’s Self Storage Association
Each state has its own SSA chapter, so search for your state’s SSA website online to submit a membership application. The national SSA also has various types of memberships, so visit their site to see rates learn which is right for you.
More Investment Tips From Investment Real Estate
At Investment Real Estate, we are committed to helping investors find success in the self-storage industry. Our website is full of helpful resources, so browse our blog to expand your industry knowledge. IRE is also a leading brokerage firm offering buyer- and seller-side representation. Contact us online to discuss how we can strengthen your portfolio.